JR said once when we were driving...can you believe we have two kids in the back of our car and we are not bringing them home to their parents!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

School...off to my 4th College

Well I decided that it is time that I head back to school and finish my Bachelors in Psychology. I decided to go to Liberty University. I really like their online program and I get some perks because of JR's military background. I have to take 7 Psych classes and do an intership and take 4 Bible classes (it is a Christian school). I decided to take a Bible class first: Intro to studying the Bible and thought it was just a class where we learn about scripture and Bible stories and since it is a freshmen class I figured how hard can it be? Well I have realized that I will be learning way too much about studying the Bible than I wanted too....not too much about the Bible but actually studying it (translations and all the technical scholarly stuff). I have a new found respect for people who do it for a living....there is so much more to it than I ever knew and while reading and trying to figure everything out, I have come to the conclusion that Josh (my 10 year old brother in law) would do better in this class than me. I have my first test tomorrow and I am going to see how in depth my professor actually goes...I will keep you informed ; ) They are only 8 week classes so they pack a lot of stuff in each week. BTW Baker is not too fond of his mom doing schoolwork. He steals my pens and highlighters and throws them and the second I start reading he comes up to me and pushes the book away and sits on my lap...JR has come to the conclusion that I will probably NEVER have a job so it is really smart for me to be the one with the education and stay home while he works without one LOL If only he could get motivated to go back then we could both have one. It is FREE for him for goodness sake...but I do not push it because I know I will end up with his school work to do on top of mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home